Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Tic Tac Toe at Tuesday Throwdown

Hello and happy Tuesday! I know I've said this before... but it's amazing how fast two weeks goes by!!! This week is Team B's turn to inspire you to play along with our Tuesday Throwdown challenge and it's one of my favorites... Tic Tac Toe. Our sponsor this week is Sparkle N Sprinkle and I'm using an image they provided called Brighten the Holidays Penguins. It came with a colored version and that's what I used for this Cheery Penguin Christmas Card. We would love for you to play along with us this week! Click HERE for all the wonderful design team inspiration and challenge details. You have until mid-day on Monday, July 24th to link your creation. I hope to see your creation in the Gallery!

The Tic Tac Toe choices used to create this card include: Christmas, Silver and Ribbon or Twine. Since the image was Christmas that box was easy, so I decided to get a little messy for the sliver requirement. I used silver texture paste by Heidi Swapp with a diagonal striped stencil. The texture paste was applied on top of a red piece of Bazzill dot textured cardstock. At first I wasn't sure but I like the dot design and the picture doesn't do the the card justice, it looks pretty cool in person. Once the panel was dried I matted it to a piece of Cucumber Crush cardstock by Stampin' Up! and then wrapped green twine from The Twinery before adhering it to the white card base. The image was adhered with dimensionals and I adhered the sentiment flat to the card. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!




2 comments:

  1. love the fun image and you papers, the CAS layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your image is so cute! Love the Christmasy papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊