Monday, July 11, 2016

Candy Cane Charlie Card


Hello! I started making this Candy Cane Charlie Card on Sunday but then our air conditioner started having problems and we went to a hotel. The heat index outside was 105 degrees but thankfully it only reached about 85 degrees in the house before it was fixed this afternoon. I was beginning to worry about my adhesive and stash of finished cards, but all is well.

While the house was cooling down I decided to finish this card. The layout is from the sketch challenge for day 2 of the Christmas in July challenge at Catch The Bug. Using Copic markers the Candy Cane Charlie image was colored and then die cut using a stitched circle die by My Favorite Things. The patterned papers have been in my stash for a very long time! I stamped the Merry Christmas sentiment from the retired Good Greetings set by Stampin' Up! directly onto the patterned paper. Once all the layers were assembled three gold sequins were added for a little sparkle. That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

This card is entered into the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. Fab Christmas card, I can think of one or two people I should like to send this image to! Thank you for sharing your Christmas project with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is so cute, I love that image... I just made a card with Charlie too :) Beautiful paper and fabulous scalloped border also!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a graphic - tough little dog - makes a cute Christmas card for dog lovers! The paper is perfect for the graphic. Great Card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for participating in our CIJ event for Sundays Sketch Challenge! I love your project! Thanks for using a Bugaboo image, that’s one of my Favs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet, thanks for playing along in our Christmas in July week of challenges at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊