Sunday, June 5, 2016

You are in My Thoughts Card

Hello! I hope you're having a wonderful weekend. The sun is nice and bright this morning and the birds are chirping. It looks like it's going to be a lovely day. Before my day gets busy I wanted to share this You are in My Thoughts Card. It was made for the following challenges:
The Color Throwdown challenge is to use Kraft, Green and Cream. It's a really calming color scheme and I thought it was perfect for a Thinking of You type card. It seems I can never have enough of these, they work well for many life situations. For this card I used the layout at Sketch Saturday and the keyword "Birds" from Just Us Girls. The green patterned paper is one of my favorites by October Afternoon and it was paired with a woodgrain pattern by Crate Paper. For the image I searched through all my options and found a bird from the Moon Lake stamp set by Stampin' Up! that I had never used. It was stamped using Timber Brown Staz On ink and colored with a blender pen and ink pads. The You are in My Thought sentiment is from Impression Obsession. To add a little more detail I used a scalloped stitched die by My Favorite Things and some linen thread by Stampin' Up! That's it! Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Andrea, the colours and image are great and the paper is just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, I love this card, the wood effect paper and green panel look fabulous. The little bird is gorgeous, a perfect card for any occasion. Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Craft Friend. Hope to see you again and good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a perfect use of the colors. Your card is so pretty and serene! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wood design paper goes so perfect with the bird sitting on the branch. The green paper with scalloped edge really set the card and graphic perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely card Andrea. Love your use of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Sketch Saturday and we hope to see again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Pretty! Thanks for playing with us at Sketch Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊