Friday, March 4, 2016

Strong Tree Sympathy Card

This Strong Tree Sympathy Card is being sent to a relative who is a teenage boy. His mother, my aunt, passed away this week and I wanted to make both of her children their own cards. I have to admit this card was a challenge for me because I have no idea what teenage boys like, so to play it safe I went with the Strong Tree image from the Lovely as a Tree stamp set and the sentiment is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set both by Stampin' Up!. The layout is from a sketch by Freshly Made Sketches (FMS108) that I saved from 2013. All patterned papers are by The Paper Loft. It's simple, it's masculine and it came from the heart.  

4 comments:

  1. I think this card is very appropriate. I like the layout and the variation in color in the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Andrea and its just right to send to your cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good style for a young man -- and I believe it displays the strength he will need at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a perfect sympathy card, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊