Sunday, July 5, 2015

Bold Butterfly Feel Better Card

Earlier this week I made a masculine feel better card and since my stash of cards with this sentiment is low, I decided to make this Bold Butterfly Feel Better Card. Stamp sets used on this card include: Watercolor Wings, Painted Petals, You've Got This and Sassy Salutations. Butterflies and flowers are my favorite part of outdoors in the summer and I've used my favorite colors. The Blackberry Bliss flowers were stamped onto whisper white cardstock and then I went back and filled in with Garden Green leaves. I was inspired by this card HERE by Lisa Young. When I found it while doing a search for violets a few weeks ago, I had to know if she used designer paper and no, it was hand stamped. So, I tried it and I think it turned out okay. The center panel was stamped with Mint Macaroon and the sentiment in Memento Black. For the butterfly I used Daffodil Delight as the base, Hello Honey on the edges with Blackberry Bliss for the detail. The body of the butterfly was highlighted with black Stickles to give it a little shimmer. To add some embossed detail, I used the Decorative Dots embossing folder and that's it! This will be one of the cards I'll have a hard time giving away. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!!!

This Bold Butterfly Feel Better Card is entered into the following challenges:

6 comments:

  1. Oh so pretty! Love your butterfly, and the floral prints really shine! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your butterfly and the pretty violets, this is lovely! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely take on our How Does Your Garden Grow theme at Allsorts this week Andrea, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely card. Love the purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty. I love the purple flowers and you rocked the Butterfly Wings. Great layout too. So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO pretty! The yellow butterfly just pops. So happy to have you join us at The Paper Players! Love your cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊