Saturday, May 16, 2015

Text Bird Hello Card


Happy Saturday! Earlier this week I viewed the challenge at ColourQ and knew I wanted to play along but it took me awhile to figure out my design. Finally, I decided a Hello Honey coloured Text Bird would work. The text bird stamp is by Hero Arts and is quite large at 3.25" from tail to beak, therefore I made the card 5.25" square to accommodate the stamp. I dug deep into my stash for some buried patterned papers to work with the challenge colours. The Gumball Green is from the Print Poetry paper stack by Stampin' Up! and the Poppy coloured paper is from the Vegetable Garden collection by Basic Grey. The Flower Shop stamp was used with VersaMark and clear embossing powder to show the flower detail in a monochromatic tone. To add some detail I cut three leaves with my Cricut machine and the Straight from the Nest cartridge. I added some white by the yard net ribbon to break up the colours and the Hello sentiment is from TPC Studios. That's it! I would also like to enter this card into the Sister Act Anything Goes Card Challenge. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty Andrea - a great use of those colours. I always find large stamps difficult to work with but you've nailed it! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gorgeous colour combo! I love the text bird! Beautiful flower too - I like how you embossed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the colors in this card and the texture of the white ribbon sets off the graphic and flower. Really nice card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊