Monday, August 11, 2014

WOOHOO! Card

This card is different for me but it makes sense if you know who and what it's for. It's for my oldest niece who is starting her senior year in a few days and her school mascot is a dragon. I wanted to make her something special in case she decides to make a scrapbook. The WOOHOO! sentiment is very fitting for the start of her senior year don't ya think? I really hope she likes it! The layout came from this weeks sketch at Mojo Monday and it worked perfectly for what I already had in mind.  The patterned papers are from my Stampin' Up! stash and the WOOHOO! sentiment is from The Paper Studio. I heat embossed the sentiment using white embossing powder and added some fun circles with a silver brad anchoring the center. Now, this is one card that I wish I could see her face when she gets it in the mail. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day/night!

My WOOHOO! Card is entered into the following challenges:

7 comments:

  1. Her last year of high school. I'm sure she will enjoy the card. Great colors and papers. I like the fire along with the little bit of bling. Thanks for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spin you put on this theme! Thats so Great, I bet she will love her card! Thanks for playing along at Come and Get It. ~Lizzy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! Love the dragon and the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet she loves this card..fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect dragon card for your niece -- the colors and enhancements are great for this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - very striking.

    Thanks for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊