Monday, July 15, 2013

New Colors Betsy's Blossoms Card


Happy Monday! The Paper Players have a fun color challenge this week featuring three new colors by Stampin' Up! The colors are:
  • Bermuda Bay
  • Baked Brown Sugar
  • Crushed Curry
 I really love these colors together! For my entry I created this New Colors Betsy's Blossoms Card using the sketch from The Sweet Stop challenge. My stash is very limited on new product by Stampin' Up! but I did order the Eastern Elegance Designer Series Paper. The Crushed Curry patterned paper is from that collection. For the Bermuda Bay strips I used the emboss resist technique and the En Francais stamp. After embossing white card stock with clear embossing powder, I sponged on Bermuda Bay ink. At this point I wasn't sure what my focal point should be but I looked through my current stamp sets and decided Betsy's Blossoms would make the best choice. I fussy-cut the bird and stem and layered the center together on top of a flower shape I cut using my Cricut machine. The finishing touch was a little pearl for the birds eye. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!

My New Colors Betsy's Blossoms Card is entered into the following challenges:
All paper, stamps and inks by Stampin' Up!.

13 comments:

  1. Super cute card! I love the fabulous colors and the fun stamps and paper you used. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop this week.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. The combination of the colors are really nice. I liked the graphic and everything about this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! The colors are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Andrea! Love your embossed panel behind the focal image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used my Betsy's Blossoms for a while....so I am happy to see it being used on your card! So pretty! And thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Andrea. You rocked the colors this week with this beautifully composed card. So glad you joined us again at the Paper Players
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card-and a lovely layout.The little bird looks fabulous stamped in blue :)
    Best wishes,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. great little card thank you for joining us at Robyns Fetish challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet card. Love the pretty colors and that beautiful bird. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is adorable, Andrea. Such a fun color combo. Thanks for joining The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So, so pretty! I love the curry petals behind the bird!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that you liked my colors! You've really made them shine here with Betsy's Blossoms. Your fussy-cut branch is wonderful and the stitching is a fabulous touch. LOVE it! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊