Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gently Falling Thankful Card

Oh boy, today was crazy! The saying is true, "when it rains, it pours". My day didn't go as planned, but I did get to make a card this evening. This Gently Falling Thankful Card has me dreaming of the crisp autumn air. I love the colors autumn brings and this card features some of my favorites:
  • Cajun Craze
  • Crumb Cake
  • Early Espresso
  • Garden Green
  • Pear Pizzazz
  • More Mustard
  • Soft Suede
  • Very Vanilla
The layout for this card comes from the sketch at The Paper Players from LeAnne Pugliese. I found the narrow image panel challenging for the stamps I have, but I think the Gently Falling* leaves work well. I used the rock-n-roll technique for the bottom stamped image and then heat embossed the accent layer with Early Espresso embossing powder. I fussy cut the smaller leaf to add a little more interest. I used my favorite jute twine and heat embossed the Thankful sentiment from Bo Bunny. The leaf patterned paper is by The Paper Studio and all other papers are by Stampin' Up! The final touch was three antique brass brads and this card was done. Thanks for stopping by and have a great night!

My Gently Falling Thankful Card is entered into the following challenges:
*Gently Falling stamp set by Stampin' Up! is available in WOOD or CLEAR stamps.
 

10 comments:

  1. This is a really effective card...lovely composition! Thank you for joining us at the Craft Room this fortnight...lovely to see you playing along, Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Andrea!
    Fabulous and elegant card, beautiful sketch and papers.
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card, Andrea! Autumn's my favourite season & this just captures it so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow -- it will be fall before we know it and this card just makes it seem even closer. Lovely colors and design -- peaceful and restful come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you pushed through the challenge and shared this card with us....happy to see some fall images and colors! Very pretty! Thanks for making my sketch look great this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super card, I love the colours and the layout.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card! I love the leaf paper. Gently Falling is a perfect set to use with this sketch. Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use Your Stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning!!! thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room challenge, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful card - lovely colours and images, thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft - Room, Esther xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊