Friday, July 26, 2013

Blooming Birthday Card


Happy Friday night! I'm really glad the weekend is here. Starting my job this week gave me very little time to craft. I missed playing along with all my regular challenges. This evening I took some time to unwind and created this Blooming Birthday Card. I made this card for the following challenges:
The challenge at Shopping Our Stash is to use something that is your weakness, something you buy when you really don't need another one. Well, I have more than one weakness!!! The one I used is heat embossing powder. I have 38 different colors and I still want more. How many embossing powders do you have? Is my stash excessive or do you have more?

Until this card I had never embossed patterned paper. I've seen others do it, but I always seem to forget to give it a try. I used a polka dot embossing folder for the dry embossing and heat embossed the sentiment with Gumball Green embossing powder by Stampin' Up! The focal image is stamped using the retired Blooming with Kindness stamp set on watercolor paper and colored using a blender pen and stampin' pads. The embosslit butterfly with pearls was the finishing touch. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

10 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I don't very often emboss on patterned paper but I love how it looks. I have 12 different colors do embossing powder (maybe 15). Thanks so much for joining us this week at ABCChallenges and sharing your beautifully crafted card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous card Andrea! I've never embossed patterned paper before and I love how yours turned out. I only have seven colors of embossing powder (silver, pewter, gold, black, pearlescent, white and clear) and embossing is my favorite technique, when I want to emboss in a different color, I just used color ink and clear EP. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Andrea. Your colouring is so lovely and the embossing (both techniques)is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love embossing!! I don't have many embossing powders, but I have a bazillion folders! :) This is so pretty!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors and the texture. Awesome card. Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenges. Xx Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I HAD to click to see the embossing :) LOVE it! I am never ever going to call someone else's stash excessive - pot meet kettle and all - but you DEFINITELY have my EP stash beat! I think I have 10-12. You just can't get the same pop any other way, though! I'm so glad you got some time to play - adjusting to a new schedule is always tough, finding balance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the lacy and delicate look of this card and the nice bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Andrea! I love how pretty the flower image turned out. Your card was one of our top 3 this week, congrats to you! Thanks for playing along at ABC Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Love the flowers as well as your design.. I have somewhere between 10-15 different embossing powders.. and of course when I need a simple black one I can't find it...
    Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    Hugs, Alica ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful BD card, wonderful coloring and design! Thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Wishing you a crafty day! 😊